ARNP Requirements in Florida
- Earn your RN-to-BSN online from Capella University
- Graduate and Undergraduate Degrees and Postgraduate Certificates in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing for the Registered Nurse
1) To be eligible for ARNP certification in Florida you must be a registered nurse and have graduated from a Master’s of Science in Nursing program or received a post-master’s certification. Applicants for certification who graduated prior to 10/1/1998 are exempt from this requirement.
2) Must submit proof of national advanced certification from an approved national organization. (a copy of current certification or verification sent directly from the national certification organization will meet this requirement.)
3) ARNPs in Florida must carry malpractice insurance.
4) Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners (ARNP) in Florida must have certification by the Florida State Board of Nursing to practice in the state of Florida. The application for licensure/certification can be found on the Florida Board of Nursing website – www.doh.state.fl.us/mqa/nursing/ap_ARNP.pdf
Contact the Florida Board of Nursing
Florida Board of Nursing
4052 Bald Cypress Way,
Tallahassee, Florida 32399