Geriatric Care Management Certificate
As our population ages and people continue to live longer, job opportunities in geriatrics and gerontology are expected to grow by more than 35% through 2006, ranking among the most rapidly growing employment areas, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.<!- mfunc feat_school ->
- Earn your RN-to-BSN online from Capella University
- Graduate and Undergraduate Degrees and Postgraduate Certificates in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing for the Registered Nurse
- Online Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral Nursing Programs and Certificates
- Ranked #15 in Best Online Master's in Nursing Program by US News, Seton Hall University offers two fully online Nurse Practitioner programs: Adult Gerontology with Acute and Primary Tracks and Psychiatric Mental Health.
As a geriatric care manager, you will learn to assess, coordinate, and monitor the health and human services needs of your elderly clients and their families. You will come to understand how the aging process impacts individuals, their families, the community, and the health care system. Typical workplaces for those with a certificate in geriatric care management include insurance companies, government agencies, assisted living facilities, home health care agencies, long term care facilities, and social service organizations. Geriatric care managers report earnings that average $74 per hour (AARP Digest No. 82, November, 2002).
Online Geriatric Care Management Certificate
Request information from Kaplan University to learn more about their Online Geriatric Care Management Certificate program or explore additional continuing education opportunities for health care professionals. You may want to further explore a geriatric nurse practitioner career.