Nursing Articles and Interviews
- My Nursing Career: An interview with Cynthia, APN in Reno, NV
- Family Nurse Practitioner: Interview with an FNP
- Second Career Nursing: An interview with a soon to be second career nursing student
- Legal Nurse Consultant: Using Nursing Skills in a New Way: Interview with a Legal Nurse Consultant and Owner of her own LNC Business
- Public Health Nursing: A Changing and Diverse Nursing Profession:An inside look at the public health nursing field with Stacy Hardy, RN
- An Interview with Emergency Room Nurse Practitioner, Jennifer H., BSN, MSN, FNP: Jennifer applies her advanced practice nursing skills in the fast paced ER as well as in the classroom.
- Interview With a Diabetes Nurse Educator: One Registered Nurses path to becoming a Diabetes Nurse Educator and her thoughts on the nursing profession.
- CNA to RN: How Samantha became a CNA and decided to pursue a Registered Nurse education. Get her story.
- Grand Canyon University - Accredited Degrees in Nursing
- Capella University - Earn your RN-to-BSN online from Capella University
- Purdue University Global - Graduate and Undergraduate Degrees and Postgraduate Certificates in Nursing
- Liberty University - Bachelor of Science in Nursing for the Registered Nurse
- Walden University - Online Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral Nursing Programs and Certificates
- Physical Education in the Fight Against Childhood Obesity: What is going on now in our schools to fight the childhood obesity problem? What a school nurse can do.
- Nursing industry favors experience with no maximum age for nurses: How old is too old to become a nurse?
- Falling Immunization Rates And the Resurrection of Long Gone Diseases: Pertussis and Measles making a comeback? What is happening and what is going on to address the issue?
- Grueling Work Schedules Linked to Higher Patient Mortality: New data points toward higher patient mortality in institutions where long hours and minimal time off are the standard for health care providers including nurses.
- Scholarships for Nursing Students: Explore the differences between nursing scholarships, grants and loans. Get expert advice and let NSD help you find state specific nursing scholarships.
- No Career Plan to Business Owner: Joseph
poole, MSN, RN, CNE shares his career path and how he became a nurse entrepreneur.
- The Importance of Considering Nursing School and Nursing Program Accreditation: A master’s educated nurse shares his thoughts on why nursing school accreditation or programmatic accreditation is critical when selecting a school and program at any point in one’s nursing career.
- Is an Online RN to BSN program the Right Decision for You? Joseph Poole Jr. MSN, RN, CNE discusses the perceived barriers and the benefits of an online RN to BSN program.
- RN to BSN Program or an RN to MSN Program?Joseph Poole Jr. MSN, RN, CNE lends his expertise to help you make a decision on which program is right for you.
- The BSN DegreeWhy earning a BSN degree is the future of Nursing.
- The Nursing ShortageAn in depth analysis of the U.S. Nursing shortage including causes, statistics and potential solutions.
- Nurse Practitioner ShortageWhat is creating this shortage and why nurse practitioners are in such high demand.
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) in High Demand
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Getting your PhD or DNP Degree Online
- Nursing Continuing Education
- Nursing Career at a Glance
- Benefits of Earning a Nursing Degree Online
- Becoming a Travel Nurse
- Choose Nursing as a Second Career