Continuing Education for Nurses
All nurses must keep their licenses up to date by participating in continuing nursing education classes. Each state has different requirements for how many hours of continuing education you need to complete. For example, California requires that your complete thirty hours of CEU’s every two years where as Michigan requires that you complete a minimum of 25 hours.
The good news is that continuing education courses for nurses are very easy to find. The hospital or medical center that you work for may offer some courses for free. You can find a tremendous amount of Nursing CEU’s on the internet as well. Many online continuing education classes for nursing are offered by universities, community colleges, trade schools, online colleges, and institiutions. Just make sure that the offering institution is accredited by an organization that qualifies your license.
- Grand Canyon University - Accredited Degrees in Nursing
- Capella University - Earn your RN-to-BSN online from Capella University
- Purdue University Global - Graduate and Undergraduate Degrees and Postgraduate Certificates in Nursing
- Liberty University - Bachelor of Science in Nursing for the Registered Nurse
- Walden University - Online Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral Nursing Programs and Certificates