Rutgers College of Nursing Program Information
The American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN, 2005) has predicted that all advanced practice clinical nursing masters programs will be eliminated by 2015 with the standard for advanced practice becoming the DNP; the PhD will remain the accepted degree for nurse researchers and faculty. Rutgers College of Nursing has addressed the need for DNP programs in following of the trend toward DNP educated nurse practitioners and administrators. Rutgers College of Nursing offers a DNP clinical track or an administrative track.
Additional Programs Offered: BS in Nursing, BS in Nursing for transfer students, BS in Nursing for Second Degree students, RN to BS/MS in Nursing, School Nurse Certificate, Master’s Degree Programs, Post Master’s Certificate Programs, BS to PhD, and Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP).
Master’s Degree Programs offer specializations in the following areas: Acute Care of the Adult and Aged, Advanced Practice in Pediatric Nursing, Advanced Practice in Women’s Health, Community Health Nursing, Dual degree MS in Community Health and MPH Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner, Mental Health Nursing, Minor in Nursing Education, Oncology (Adult and/or Pediatric) Nursing, and Primary Care of the Adult and Aged
Rutgers College of Nursing
Ackerson Hall, Rm 102
180 University Ave
Newark, NJ 07102
- Earn your RN-to-BSN online from Capella University
- Graduate and Undergraduate Degrees and Postgraduate Certificates in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing for the Registered Nurse
- Online Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral Nursing Programs and Certificates
- Ranked #15 in Best Online Master's in Nursing Program by US News, Seton Hall University offers two fully online Nurse Practitioner programs: Adult Gerontology with Acute and Primary Tracks and Psychiatric Mental Health.