Geriatric Care Management Certificate
As our population ages and people continue to live longer, job opportunities in geriatrics and gerontology are expected to grow by more than 35% through 2006, ranking among the most rapidly growing employment areas, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Grand Canyon University - Accredited Degrees in Nursing
- Capella University - Earn your RN-to-BSN online from Capella University
- Purdue University Global - Graduate and Undergraduate Degrees and Postgraduate Certificates in Nursing
- Liberty University - Bachelor of Science in Nursing for the Registered Nurse
- Walden University - Online Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral Nursing Programs and Certificates
As a geriatric care manager, you will learn to assess, coordinate, and monitor the health and human services needs of your elderly clients and their families. You will come to understand how the aging process impacts individuals, their families, the community, and the health care system. Typical workplaces for those with a certificate in geriatric care management include insurance companies, government agencies, assisted living facilities, home health care agencies, long term care facilities, and social service organizations. Geriatric care managers report earnings that average $74 per hour (AARP Digest No. 82, November, 2002).
Online Geriatric Care Management Certificate
Request information from Kaplan University to learn more about their Online Geriatric Care Management Certificate program or explore additional continuing education opportunities for health care professionals. You may want to further explore a geriatric nurse practitioner career.