The NCLEX examination is designed to test knowledge, skills and abilities essential to the safe and effective practice of nursing at the entry level. NCLEX examination results are an important component used by boards of nursing to make decisions about licensure.
To take the NCLEX examination, candidates must satisfy these requirements:
* Apply for licensure in the state or territory in which you wish to be licensed.
* Meet all of the board of nursing’s eligibility requirements to take the NCLEX examination (Refer to the Application for RN/LPN by Examination or the Board of Nursing Statutes and Regulations for eligibility requirements).
* Register for the examination with Pearson VUE (testing company). The registration fee you will need to pay to Pearson VUE for taking the NCLEX examination is $200.
Examination results will be mailed within 14 days of your test date, and a license to practice nursing will be enclosed if you passed the examination. EXAMINATION RESULTS CANNOT BE GIVEN OVER THE TELEPHONE, DO NOT CONTACT THE BOARD OF NURSING FOR YOUR RESULTS.
Register for the NCLEX Examination Online at Pearson/Vue.
- Earn your RN-to-BSN online from Capella University
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing for the Registered Nurse
- Online Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral Nursing Programs and Certificates