Forensic Nursing Programs
If you are currently a licensed registered nurse and would like to pursue a career that lets you be an advocate for victims and a crime solver, a forensic nursing program may help you pursue those goals. Forensic nurses are often called to crime scenes to help law enforcement officials collect evidence, take blood and tissue samples, and treat the victims of assaults or accidents. A forensic nursing career is an exciting and rapidly growing field that will give you the opportunity to take your expertise to the next level.<!- mfunc feat_school ->
- Earn your RN-to-BSN online from Capella University
- Graduate and Undergraduate Degrees and Postgraduate Certificates in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing for the Registered Nurse
- Online Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral Nursing Programs and Certificates
- Ranked #15 in Best Online Master's in Nursing Program by US News, Seton Hall University offers two fully online Nurse Practitioner programs: Adult Gerontology with Acute and Primary Tracks and Psychiatric Mental Health.
Generally forensic nursing schools create programs that will cover a variety of topics such as forensic toxicology, traffic medicine, handling hostile situations, and gathering evidence in assault cases. As a graduate of a Forensic Nursing Degree or Certificate program, you can expect to find employment opportunities in a number of places including, but not limited to, law enforcement agencies, acute health care centers, hospitals, coroner offices, and medical examiner offices.
The job outlook for forensic nurses is very good and growth is predicted throughout the next ten years.
To learn more, request no obligation information from the Nursing Schools listed below that offer degree programs in forensic nursing.
Popular Forensic Nursing Programs
Monmouth University – Marjorie K. Unterberg School of Nursing and Health Studies
Monmouth University offers a Post-Bachelor’s Certificate in Forensic Nursing Online. The Monmouth University – Marjorie K. Unterberg School of Nursing and Health Studies is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Programs Offered: Certificate – Forensic Nursing (Online)
Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing
Baccalaureate and Master’s Program Accreditation: CCNE and NLNAC
Programs Offered: Post-Baccalaureate Certificate – Forensic Nursing (Offered Online)