Nurse Practitioner Programs in Arizona
Five Universities in Arizona offer MSN - Nurse Practitioner programs. All of them are approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing and are CCNE accredited. Research the schools and specialization areas offered at these five schools. All programs are designed to prepare Advanced Practice Registered Nurses for practice and to meet the requirements set forth by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
The Arizona State Board of Nursing maintains that Nurse Practitioners in the state of Arizona can examine and diagnose patients in a health care facility, provide treatment plans for patients, admit patients to a hospital, medical center or related facility, order diagnostic tests, consult with and refer to health care professionals, perform diagnostic tests, interpret diagnostic tests, and prescribe and dispense medications. Nurse practitioners in Arizona may also apply for a DEA license so that they can dispense controlled substances.
According to the Advance for Nurse Practitioners 2007 Salary Survey, Nurse Practitioners in Arizona made an average annual salary of $89,641. This was one of the highest average salaries of any state reported.
Nurse Practitioner Certification and Dispensing Privileges Requirements in Arizona
- Complete a Registered Nurse Practitioner program (Graduate Level) in the specialty area you will apply for (Board approved program or regionally or nationally accredited program) Contact the Arizona Board of Nursing for alternative program approval criteria
- Have a current Arizona registered nurse license "in good standing" or a multi-state registered nurse license from a compact party state "in good standing"
- Certification by a National Certifying Organization that is recognized by the Arizona Board of Nursing
- Must have completed the nurse practitioner program within the last five years or have practiced in the specialty area you are applying within the last five years or qualify under the Nurse Practice Act specifications
CCNE Accredited Nurse Practitioner Degree Programs Offered in Arizona
Georgetown University School of Nursing & Health Studies - Online
The Georgetown University School of Nursing & Health Studies Graduate nursing programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). The Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education (ACME) accredits the certificate and graduate nurse-midwifery education programs. These programs are enrolling now. Request information today.
Click Here to request information from Georgetown University School of Nursing & Health Studies
Programs Offered Online: MSN - (Specializations: Family Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Midwifery/Women's Health Nurse Practitioner)
Maryville University - St. Louis offers two CCNE accredited online MSN Nurse Practitioner Programs: Family Nurse Practitioner and Adult Geriatric Nurse Practitioner.
Programs Offered Online: MSN - (Family Nurse Practitioner -FNP, Adult Geriatric Nurse Practitioner - AGNP)
- Click Here for information about the Maryville University Online MSN programs.
University of Cincinnati - College of Nursing
The University of Cincinnati - College of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). The MSN - Nurse Midwifery online program is accredited by the American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM).
Programs Offered Online: MSN - (Specializations: Women's Health Nurse Practitioner, Adult Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner or Clinical Nurse Specialist, Nurse Midwifery, Clinical Nurse Specialist - Nurse Educator)
- Click Here for information about the University of Cincinnati Online MSN programs.
Frontier Nursing University - Distance Education
The Frontier Nursing University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of College and Schools. They offer online MSN Programs with post masters certificates in the following areas: Certified Nurse Midwifery (accredited by ACME), Women's Health Care Nurse Practitioner (accredited by the NLNAC). FSMFN also offers an online DNP program accredited by the AACN.
Programs Offered: Online ADN - MSN (Tracks: Nurse Midwifery) , Online MSN - (Tracks: Nurse Midwifery), DNP (Online)
- Click Here for more information about the Frontier Nursing University distance education programs.
Graceland University - School of Nursing
The RN-BSN, RN to BSN/MSN and MSN programs are CCNE and NLNAC accredited. RN to BSN and RN to BSN/MSN program Practicums can be completed in the student's community.
Online Programs Offered: RN to BSN, RN to BSN/MSN and MSN - (Specializations: Family Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Educator), Post-Graduate Certificate (Specializations: Family Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Education), Doctor of Nursing Practice DNP (Online)
- Click Here to request information from Graceland University.
Philadelphia University - Distance Education
The Midwifery Institute is accredited by the American Commission for Midwifery Education.
Programs Offered: MS Completion Program - Midwifery, MS in Disaster Medicine and Management, MS - Midwifery.
CCNE Accredited and Arizona State Board of Nursing Approved Nurse Practitioner Degree Programs
University of Phoenix College of Health and Human Services
Programs Offered: RN to BSN, RN to MSN, MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner, MSN - Nursing/Health Care Education, MSN - Health Care Administration, MSN - MBA Health Care Management, Health Care Administration
- Click Here to request information from University of Phoenix.